Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Office Work For a Website Design Company

Our Dnyandeep Infotech Pvt. Ltd. is completing 10 years of business. Though we have designed more than 150 websites,developed more than 10 software projects and now doing foreign assignments, still our progress as a company is far from satisfactory. We concentrated more on research and development rather than financial goals. Many of our experienced software engineers left company to join big IT firms in Pune and Mumbai for better job prospects. We did not do enough marketing. No doubt, these are the reasons for our failure in proper growth of company.

However, the main reason for the ignorance about the situation is according to me the absence of proper planning, documentation, monitoring and control. After introspection of the present status and method of working, I have listed the office work requirements for success in business. I feel that they may be useful to company engaged in similar type of work.

1. Monitoring existing websites

- Data regarding Host server, platform,ASP/PHP/HTML,Memory alloted, Memory consumed, last update, Client contact information
-Renewal of domains
- Sending bills
- payment reminders
- Action for pending payments
- Summary sheet of expiry dates and payments received yearwise
2. Monitoring projects in hand
- List of projects with details as client contact information, NDA and other documents,
-Planning project, job allotment, team leader, Timeframe and milestones, Payment schedule,
-Group meetings – Appraisal, Action plan
3. Accounts –
- Telephone, Mobile, Electricity, Broadband Bills payment
-Bank transactions,
- Cheque and cash payments register, Bills/Receipts/Vouchers
- Daybook and ledger posting,
-Bank statement, , Income expenditure
- Sales tax, Service tax, Vat payments
- Audit report
- Submission to Income tax , Company registrar office

4. Marketing -
- Preparing updated profile of company
- Quotation for website and different modules
-Preparing advertisement material - soft and printd
- Survey of sector wise potential for business
- Contact potential customers by phone, mail, actual visit
- Requirement analysis, Preparation of quotation and agreement documents
- Instruction format for information to be supplied by client, format, time period, contact person with decision making authority
5. Office Resource Planning
- Personnel – List of persons with resume, experience, skills acquired, projects in hand, Future skill training program
- Computers – Configurations, Performance, need of upgradation
- Organisation of data and softwares on computers
- Website and database configurations on local server
- backup

This is first phase of documentation. Now there is a need to evolve detailed procedures for each task and allotment of it to personnel at hand.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Sir,
    I have read some of your blogs. I really appreciate you sir. Myself sachin vasant chaugule from pune , but my native place is jath, sangli. I have completed my education in BE in computers from from in 2008 with first class.And currently working in pune as software developer in informix 4gl language and Business Intelligence. Please send me your email id on my gmail account ssachin.chaugule@gmail.com. I have born and brought up in pune but merely think to settle in sangli after some years of my career but waiting for the sangli IT park. Please send an your email id on my gmail account. Waiting for your reply....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sir,
    You cant say there is failure in growth of the company...since it is running past 10 years as you mentioned..
    Sachin chaugule

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir, i m not a scince student or have any deploma in enginearing.... But still my hobby is web surf & web desining...
    Is there any opprtunaty 4 me.
    Plz help me,
    my mail id :
    shivaji_bajad@yahoo.com

    plz reply !a in enginearing.... But still my hobby is web surf & web desining...
    Is there any opprtunaty 4 me.
    Plz help me,
    my mail id :
    shivaji_bajad@yahoo.com

    plz reply !

    ReplyDelete